Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why me?


I ask myself this question so often. Usually it is because I am having a pity party by myself....

There are a lot of tough things going on right now and I don't understand why it has to be this way. I have all the head knowledge of how good God is, how He will use this to my good and His glory, that He is always faithful... I know these things, and believe them...I just want to feel it and see it.

However, this post is not about that. I have many blessings that I could say why me to, yet I tend to think why not me. I take them as my right and not my blessings. So, this post is to give glory where it is due...the Giver of all the "why me's" in my life.

Why me, Lord?...Why do I have three gorgeous kids when others struggle? I thank you for the blessings that I take forgranted and sometimes mistreat.

Why me Lord?...Why do I have health and strength? I have a strong body that I often over feed and under use. I complain when I have minor aches and pains when others live in chronic pain or disease. Thanks for my health.

Why me Lord? This is a question that will probably never have the answers that totally satisfy until I meet my Jesus face to face. I am glad that I have a Savior that is big enough to handle my whys and not turn away.

This being said...I had a fun day with my family. I really like being together all five of us and just goofing around.

Deklan is such a shyster...always pulling a fast one and running even faster! Oh me makes me laugh.

Tobyn coming to defend or rescue and just be a part of everything that is going on. She will not and does not miss a beat.

Nate just happily watches and tries so hard to get into what we are doing. Soon enough my love.

Raynold...a nerd through and through...but he always makes us laugh and tackle him.

Verse of the Day:

Isaiah 40:11 "He tends his flock like a shepard: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those with young."

I love this verse. It gives me comfort when I ask why. I don't know the answers to the why's but I do know HE leads me, and carries me close to His heart. How precious is that? He gently leads those that have young...Oh how I remind Him of this and He truly has never failed me.

2 comments:

  1. Why me? is a great question, thanks for giving me something to reflect on. Blessings & love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I totally get that. I too was recently reminded that 'a thankful heart is a happy heart' ... perhaps you're familiar with this Veggie Tales quote? lol. Tough to complain when we're thankful. Thanks for the reminder!
    (first time to your blog - nice!)

    ReplyDelete