Sunday, June 7, 2009


Today we walked a mile for Liberian orphans. This was the second year that we did this. It is a good reminder for me that no matter how tough it is right now, we still have options. These kids and moms have no options, I can't imagine how difficult it would be to hear your kids crying from hunger and not be able to do anything about it! It is so good for me to get over myself and see that others have struggles too. I have so many blessings. So, I am going to list some of them here today to remind myself that there is so many things that I can and should be grateful and thankful for.
I am thankful that my relationship with Dad is on the mend and that if I have not seen him in two weeks, I really miss him. Even Raynold does too. That is truly a miracle, and one I am so thankful for.
I am so glad for my husband and three amazing kids. I can't even imagine what my life would be without each one. God has so uniquely and perfectly put this family together in more precious ways than I could have ever imagined.
I am thankful for the really tough times we have and are having. It is so hard somedays, but the trust I am learning in a big God that can take may ranting vents, my prayerful praise and rushed requests is so good.
I am thankful for my mom and brothers and their families. I am so blessed to have each one of them. They make my life full of laughter, love and such great memories.
I am so thankful for my aunt and uncle and my cousins. I feel so accepted and loved and wanted by them. They have loved me through more than one crisis. They have taught me how deeply a family was meant to love and that family is always there for you.
I am so glad for my pets. Sounds crazy, but I believe they are a godsend to this family. Our dog, Boots, she sleeps in front of our door and guards us well. She is so gentle with the kids and when we walk, she follows behind and is on constant guard for our safety. Our kitten, Shack, is so fun to watch. Watching her often makes me smile or laugh out loud and man do I need that! She loves to play with kids and she is very good with them too.
This "thankful" exercise was good for me. I feel strengthened and renewed.
Verse of the day:
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
I love that the Bible has no idle words. When He commands us to give thanks in all things, He knows what is He talking about, it actually brings joy and healing to our hearts, even if the circumstances have not changed. I love my Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Tash,
    Thanks for visiting me and your blog is pretty sweet. We need to get together again. We can kind of catch up on the blog, but really, it shouldn't be that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great reminder, there are no words in the Bible that are useless and don't have power behind them. That's something I need to be more aware of.

    ReplyDelete