Thursday, April 16, 2009

Love = Sheer exhaustion


Well, my night was far too short last night! Tobyn was coughing like crazy and slept in our bed for awhile and in the middle of this, Nate. Nate had a fever and was up for two hours! This is not like him at all. He is quite warm and he has not peed really today! I need to keep a close eye on him. Tobyn has a nasty head cold and feels miserable. To top it off, my mom just called and said that she now has the stomach flu, so we had to cancel our Thursday dinner.
I am exhausted, but that is what happens when the little loves of your life need you.
I had breakfast with my two cousins and and their kiddies and as usual, it was a busy, crazy, but fun morning! Three moms and 6 kids, 4 and under!!!!!!!!! It is a tradition now and I for one would not miss it for anything.
Verse of the day: Isaiah 40:11 He tends his flocks like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.
This verse comes to me often. I so many times when I am tired and frustrated and take it out on my kids. It reminds me to let Jesus lead me, I don't need to strive and fight and do it on my own and that is a tremendous relief. I love that I have a Savior that tends to me so gently and never gives up.

No comments:

Post a Comment